This is a guide on adding a configuration to your slicing settings that alters the infill pattern to that of a Honeycomb structure.
We recommend testing this on short prints to see how it affects your individual prints.
See this article for more detailed information about adding configurations.
- Log into dashboard, and click on the 'Configs' option at the top of the window.
2. Click on the 'New Config' button at the center top of the window.
3. In the new window, enter a name for your config, we used "Honeycomb Infill", and paste the following exactly as it appears into the box labeled 'JSON'.
4. Note that in this Config, the only change is to alter the infill type, while all other parameters remain at their default. Once this is saved, a GUI populates with a simple box to edit the value, rather than loading the JSON text every time. This is shown below. At this time, there are only 2 supported patterns. To default to the original, simply exclude this configuration from your build.
5. Returning to the 'Builds' section of Dashboard, select the build you wish to use this config on.
6. Without selecting any of the parts, select the 'Add Config" button at the right. Then, using the drop down menu, select the config you wish to use.
7. Re-slice your file, and send it to printer to utilize this, or any other configs you create.