This is a guide on adding a configuration to your slicing settings that will override the maximum build volume usable by the printer.
Due to common customer feedback regarding a comparably small build volume, we have made this override available. This will increase the usable build volume for the FFF extruder only, though could be adapted for silver.
WARNING: Be extremely cautious when using this configuration. If you were to edit the values, you may cause a head crash - possibly damaging your machine. Additionally, you may run into issue with the end stops, and require that they be disabled prior to use.
See this article for more detailed information about adding configurations.
- Log into dashboard, and click on the 'Configs' option at the top of the window.
2. Click on the 'New Config' button at the center top of the window.
3. In the new window, enter a name for your config, I recommend "Build Volume Override", and paste the following exactly as it appears into the box labeled 'JSON', to result in what looks like the attached photo.
4. Note that in this Config, the number corresponds to the distance in mm that the FFF Cartridge will be able to print within (half the value corresponds to motion left and right of the center point). You may adjust this as you find necessary, just remember to save it every time you do. Additionally, once this is saved, a GUI populates with a simple box to edit the value, rather than loading the JSON text every time.
5. Returning to the 'Builds' section of Dashboard, select the build you wish to wipe more frequently.
6. Without selecting any of the parts, select the 'Add Config" button at the right. Then, using the drop down menu, select the config you wish to use.
7. Re-slice your file, and send it to printer to utilize this, or any other configs you create.