Voxel8 Developer's Kit Printing Platform
Below is a visualization of the Voxel8 Developer's Kit Printing Platform from design, to processing, and printing (see Figure 002).
The main components of the Platform are:
- Design CAD Software (e.g. Autodesk Project Wire, Voxel8 SolidWorks add-in, 3rd Party Modeler)
- Voxel8 Dashboard
- Voxel8 Developer's Kit Printer
Figure 002: Voxel8 Printing Platform Diagram.
Typical Steps to Print
- Design your model in a CAD or 3D Modeling (Autodesk Project Wire, Voxel8 SolidWorks add-in, 3rd Party modeler).
- Export all the pieces of your project to .STL files from the 3D modeler.
- Upload all the .STL files to the Voxel8 Dashboard system for slicing. Setup configurations and parameters for the print job.
- After Dashboard processing, download or send the sliced .gcode files directly to your Voxel8 Developer's Kit printer.
- Use the touch screen interface (or control interface) to setup your print jobs.
- Load consumables (thermoplastic filament & silver) and align the printer.
- Print your designs.
- Test your printed designs.
- Refine and iterate designs based on physical prints result.