REMINDER: If you haven't already, before working with the conductive silver ink, please read the Materials Safety and Data Sheet (MSDS).
1. Before you begin working with the Conductive Silver Ink it is recommended to wear protective gloves (see Picture 001). Inside your Voxel8 shipping box you will find a pair of black nitrile gloves which you should wear while working with silver (FYI: they are size Large).
Picture 001: Gloves recommended to be worn while working with the Conductive Silver Ink.
2. Now it's time to load the silver conductive ink cartridge into the Developer's Kit.
A.) Locate a silver cartridge (see Picture 002) contained inside your Materials box.
Picture 002: Silver barrel syringe fully capped.
B.) Remove both blue caps from the ends of the silver cartridge starting with twisting and popping the blue cap top (see Picture 003a) and then unscrewing the bottom blue cap (See Picture 003b).
Picture 003a: Silver barrel syringe with top cap removed.
Picture 004: Silver barrel syringe with both caps removed.
C.) Locate the box of 250 micron red nozzle dispensing tips (see Picture 005) to attach to the end of the barrel syringe.
Picture 005: Red nozzle tips.
D.) Screw the red nozzle onto the end of the silver cartridge with the screw-in end point (i.e. lauer lock) (see Picture 006).
Picture 006: Silver barrel syringe with lauer lock nozzle screwed in.
2. Next, you need to install the completed silver cartridge into the right hand extruder.
A.) Find the blue cap end of the pneumatic pump (see Picture 007).
Picture 007: Attaching the silver barrel syringe to the pneumatic system.
B.) Fit the silver cartridge onto the opposite side of the red nozzle (see Picture 008).
Picture 008: The pneumatic end point is twisted onto the silver syringe barrel.
C.) Twist the blue end point until the syringe is secure (see Picture 009).
Picture 009: The silver syringe is now locked into the pneumatic system.
D.) Firmly, but carefully insert the silver cartridge into the black press fit hole on the right print cartridge head area (see Picture 010).
Picture 010: Inserting the silver barrel syringe into the right Print Head Cartridge area.
E.) Push the silver barrel syringe downwards so that the press fit is snug and secure (see Picture 011).
Picture 011: Press fitting the silver barrel syringe into the silver side.
39. Ensure that the silver barrel syringe is fully seated within the cartridge. (see Picture 012).
Picture 012: Silver barrel syringe properly seated.
3. Recycle the blue caps left over from the barrel syringe (see Picture 013).
Picture 013: Cleaning up the area of caps.
4. Wipe up any spills of silver in the area that may have occurred.
5. Nicely done. Now you're ready to start the alignment process.